G-UP! Ephesians 6:13~18

13Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 15And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 17And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: 18Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Friday, January 21, 2011

Above & Beyond: Let's Live on Top of the World!

Good morning:

Like the "Old Folks" used to say, I woke up this morning with my mind stayed on Jesus. I awoke this morning praying for you. I was praying for my co-laborers, for my Bishop and my Pastor and our first family. I was praying for my husband and my child. I prayed for my church. I prayed for my employer. I prayed for my local, state and national legislators--Lord please help them! I prayed for the state of our nation and the state of the world. I prayed that the gospel of Christ be carried to all nations. I prayed for Urban Empowerment's ministries and that we fulfill our three new goals. I prayed for the CECO fellowship. I prayed for the elder-elects that are studying as hard as they can. I prayed for our youth and for those who are responsible for their education. I prayed for an end to bitterness and for open and clear communication within the body of Christ. I prayed for God's glory to show up and show out and if we want to be changed to change us, to work miracles in our lives like never before. I prayed for the success of uE College Connect. I prayed for realigning, reassigning and repositioning to take place so that God's work can move ahead. I prayed that we could all see the hand of God move and learn to appreciate that He is truly awesome and we are privileged to be called and chosen to do the work of ministry. There is much ministry to do.

I woke up this morning with our 2011 theme scripture on my heart. Ephesians 3:20 & 21: 20Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, 21Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen

I thought about today being the last day of our fast and the significance of only water. In the Bible water is often a type of the Holy Spirit. We only need the Holy Spirit today to rest in us. Think about all that you are going through and the power of the Holy Spirit will keep you full today. As I was praying this morning I prayed for healing to be loosed for us. I prayed for our eyes to be opened so that we can see our giftings. I prayed for our businesses to be successful. I prayed for specific people to come out of depression. I prayed for restoration and a reclaiming of souls. I prayed for renewed marriages and families. I prayed for God to go above and beyond, but only according to the power that is in us. You see the scripture is clear that God is able to do exceeding and abundantly above all, but you have to be willing to ask and you have to allow yourself to think. You cannot limit God and you cannot allow the spirit of fear to overrule your faith or to caste doubt on the vision and the promises that God has given you.

How do you do that? Write the vision and make it plain upon the tables so those that see it can run with it. When you write your vision you become accountable for it. When you make it plain others can assist you with it. Without a vision the people perish. There is hope in a vision. There is direction, destiny and promise in a vision. Your above and beyond is in the vision that God gave to you. The Holy Ghost is here to help you nurture and carry out your vision and your purpose. So today, rise, shine and give God the glory. Get ready to go ABOVE AND BEYOND. Come to tonight's Prayer and Deliverance service at Urban Empowerment, 2409 N. Stadium. If we've ever needed the Lord before, we sure do need Him now! It promises to be a night of revelation, restoration, reclamation and reformation. Remember to read St. John chapter 21 today!

No comments:

Post a Comment