G-UP! Ephesians 6:13~18

13Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 15And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 17And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: 18Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

God's Word

Recently I was musing on Isaiah 55:11, which states, So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

I asked God to reveal to me what the scripture meant. He told me that His Word cannot return until without accomplishing its purpose because it is in a state of perpetual motion. In order to prepare for this blog I researched the term perpetual motion. From a human perspective the Laws of Thermodynamics actually prohibit or make impossible a perpetual motion device, but the definition of perpetual motion is to put something in to motion that once started would continue indefinitely. The Bible says, Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. Matthew 24:35.

I also like the Amplified version of the Isaiah 55:11 text which states, So shall My word be that goes forth out of My mouth: it shall not return to Me void [without producing any effect, useless], but it shall accomplish that which I please and purpose, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.

As I was getting excited about this revelation about God's Word He then revealed to me how so many of us have a scripture that defines us. When you hear that scripture you often think of that person. For example, my husband's scripture is Isaiah 40:31, But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. First Lady Woods is known for quoting, Philippians 3:12-14, Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Bishop Woods frequently quotes Acts 1:8 and has made that scripture the very foundation of Urban Empowerment Ministries and it states, But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

These are a few examples, but think about it. These individuals' lives are saturated with these scriptures so much so that they quote them frequently and themselves live by the very Word of the text. They seem to each exemplify the Word and bring it to life through their own testimony. For my husband this scripture is so much more than words on paper. This scripture has defined his life because at his lowest point when he had no other choice, but simply to wait upon the Lord, God renewed his strength and he knows and people who truly know him know that no one could have done this thing, "but God." No one could have restored life into him, but God. No one could have lifted him, but God and now when you see him he is an absolute walking miracle and testimony of the power of God, the realness of God and his ability to absolutely change a person's outcome. When others counted this man of God out, God said, I'll renew your strength and allow you to not only be strong but to mount up on wings as eagles, run and not be weary walk and not faint and if anyone truly truly knows Samuel B. Robinson, Jr. then you know that God has brought him out and given him strength that he should not have!

So now this testimony is passed from God to the writer of the text, to the preacher that pierced Sam's heart with it in the first place, to me to others to our daughter and so on. This is the essence of why God's word cannot return to him void and why it must and will accomplish what it set out to do.

What's my scripture? Ephesians 3:14-21, For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God. Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

What is your scripture? What is that Word that saturates you? That word that you have to quote? That you have to seek out and live for? God's word lives in us and passes through us to accomplish its purpose according to God's pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment