G-UP! Ephesians 6:13~18

13Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 15And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 17And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: 18Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Friday, June 18, 2010

Wasted Time

I spent a great deal of my morning today reading about the depravity of mankind evidenced in crimes of sex enslavement and imprisonment by fathers of their own children and of the story of a young man who brutally murdered an elderly woman--just because.

The crimes were all detestable and difficult to read about. It was hard to grasp the kind of mind that allows people to be so brutal and cruel. Surely these individuals were social paths incapable of empathizing or caring about their victims.

With these kinds of crimes happening around us it makes me wonder how we can waste so much time as Christians not willing to work together to take back the Kingdom by force. I know I spend a great deal of time on the topic of Christians refusing to work together, but it is because we just don't get that this is a real warfare with very real dire consequences. Our focus is so distorted with issues that are unimportant. We can't empty ourselves, be open to God and get on one accord to fight the real enemy who is here to steal kill and destroy us all.

The resolution is so very simple lay aside the sin and the weight that does so easily beset us and run this race set before us with patience. Be patient and kind hearted toward each other. There is a bigger fight at hand that can't wait for all of us to grow up, stop holding grudges, stop the infighting and stop the back biting. We are losing a spiritual war trying to fight an insignificant tangible battle with people we are supposed to love and care for.

There is a song that says it best, "I need you. You need me. We're all a part of His body. Stand with me. Agree with me. We're all a part of His body. It is His will that every need be supplied. You are important to me. I need you to survive. I pray for you. You pray for me. I love you. I need you to survive. I won't harm you with words from my mouth. I love you. I need you to survive."

My prayer has turned into pleading with God to get us all past the nonsense and pettiness that lives and looms in our churches. We are vulnerable to an ambush because we can't stop obsessing over who gets to do what for Bishop and First Lady; who has what position in the church; who has the most friends and can entertain the most people on Sundays. Our sermons focus on God gave me this or that and everyone is jealous of me because I look so good. I often wonder how many times we have to hear that type of sermon over the pulpit? Who cares if someone is hating on you? At the end of the day what difference does it make? It only makes a difference because both parties involved have a problem. There is a perception problem. People think the world is jealous of them. No one is jealous of you and if they are so what! What does any of that have to do with God's people, God's business or God's kingdom? Focus. Wake up! There are lost souls who could care less about what you wear or don't wear on Sunday morning. People have real problems of drug addition, sex addition, abuse, depression, struggle. The enemy has a real hold on people's lives. People want to commit suicide. They don't want to even go near a church for help and don't believe the Church can address their needs. And they are sometimes right. We can't address their needs because we cannot see our own ineptness. We have become impotent and ineffective. The devil isn't even afraid of us.

Enough about who can dress or sing or who looks like whatever! What about who can pray? Who can heal? Who can do those greater things that Jesus discussed? What about who can repair relationships and encourage someone else? Who isn't focused on money and seeing God as Santa Claus? What about who is unselfish enough to move out of the way and not try to bully or boss other people because they think they know what's best? We are all learning and growing. We are all in a process. The Word comes to change each of us in our own lives for the purpose of bringing us together to make an impact for God and to terrorize the devil. How much time has to expire before we learn that we are not enemies to one another? There's no need to ignore me or lie on me. There's no need to try to leave me out or to wait for me to fail. I have too much work to do on myself to tell on you? Excuse me for saying this but that cracks me up. Why do people think you're going to tell on them? I don't have to tell anybody anything regarding what you have done. First of all I don't have time. I'm dealing with my own struggles, vices, temptations, and problems. Second, like He sees me, God saw you and that's more important that any Bishop, Pastor, Preacher or any one else for that matter. Many of us need to be outed so that we can receive correction, healing and have a credible testimony to reach into someone else's dark time of life and pull them into the light.

Lord when will we learn? When will our sight be restored? Help us. We do not want to perish not living out your full will for our lives. Show us mercy and teach us to show mercy toward each other. Teach us that love is the only thing that endures. You are our example. Make your Word real for us. Lord when will we be delivered from laying traps acting disinterested and trying to embarrass one another? As we endure this process that you are bringing us through for your own glory show us how to truly forgive and love each other; to move past yesterday and old hurt; to bind together in brotherly unity; and most of all to lift you up so that you will draw all men unto yourself. I have hope that it is your will that we love and forgive. I have hope that I will see this happen and that it must start with me fervently refusing to give in to those who wish to hurt me by loving, praying, forgiving and move forward. You make all things new. Make us new Lord. Help us to see that you are coming back for a Church without spot or wrinkle. Help us to want to impress you and through impressing you keep your commandments--the greatest of which are these, Love the Lord your God with all your soul, all your heart and all your might and love your neighbor as yourself. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment